Pages

Monday, July 6, 2015

#thebrockedees

The past few weeks have been a blur. On June 28th, one of my dearest friends (Miriam Petrofksy) was married to her fiance Daniel Brocke! *yahoo!*


It was one of the sweetest weddings I have ever attended...and I've been to my share, mind you. ;) I arrived about 3 days before the wedding because I was part of the cake making crew. The week went by in a delightful blur--full of rejoicing, laughter, stressful moments, prayer, and the sweet presence of Jesus. I cannot express how full my heart was to be able to be back on PEI (Prince Edward Island, Canada) soil and to witness the opening of a new chapter in Miriam and Dan's lives. 


The morning of the wedding was beautiful. Sunshine streamed through the windows during our Family devotion time. Around 10:30, we gals made our way to the 2nd floor of the Inn (The Sky family has an Inn connected with their house. The girls made the 2nd floor their "prep" area) to begin all of our makeup/hair/etc. 




We were a bit late to start (the bride had a hard time getting her hair to stay curled! Yikes!), but however, when the piano music started, the door opened and it...made you want to cry.







All I could think about was how mighty and beautiful the heart of the Father is towards us--His own children. Years ago, I never knew Miriam existed. By complete "accident" we met the Petrofskys, and over the years, we because true friends. Miriam was one of the first girls I have had intense hours of prayer with (Newfoundland, Canada), one of the first people I learned to love to hug, one of the first people I learned to trust with my heart. Miriam and I have had hours of talking under starry skies, in a moonlit field of daisies, over the phone in our different time zones. Over the last 2 years, we have seen each other infrequently and cannot talk very often--yet we have never had that *awkward* toll distance often places on relationships. She is one of my dearest friends and I feel so honored to have a Miriam-sized piece in the puzzle of my heart. Above all, all I could think was "Blessed be the name of the Lord!" because He has written a glorious story for Miriam and Daniel--because He loves them. Jesus calls each of them "friend". Jesus has brought them together, all for His glory. Praise the name of the Lord.
Mr. & Mrs. Daniel Brocke!



The Bride & Bridesmaids


 The cake Tai Sophia & I made!
Father Daughter Dance







Overall, my heart is full. I cannot fully share how beautiful it is to see two people (both sold out for Jesus) step into a new journey--their gaze fixed completely on Jesus. I am beyond excited to see what the Lord has in store for the Brockes!

Praise the name of the Lord for He IS Faithful, He IS True, and He has GOOD plans for those that Love Him! <3

Love,





No comments:

Post a Comment