Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2018

Hello Again

I don't know if I should laugh or cry at how the more frequently I intend to write, the more time passes between each post. *chuckles*

I have been doing a lot of reflecting on my life recently. It is bustling and full of beautiful things which the Lord has allowed me to be a part of; however, I have also realized that I have been sliding some of the things which I am passionate about to the back burner, simply from lack of time. One of which is writing on this little space of the web. I have always felt like I cannot articulate my own thoughts well enough as I speak to people, BUT words seem to come more quickly to my fingers than my mouth (although some of you may disagree....heh...). And for me, someone who lacks the ability to verbally communicate well, having a way to express myself carries power and a sweet sense of relief. [Also. Fun Anna fact. I stutter when I get excited.]

So. You may see me more frequently again on this little space. But, today, I realized that almost 8 months have gone by since I've last posted. I think it's time for a bit of an update, folks. And no. I'm not engaged.

January - March
The beginning months of 2018 were full of post-Christmas fun, celebrating engagements, a lot of traveling for me, and the three March birthdays within my family. And, traditional Dumaresq style, we celebrate every single holiday we possibly can...so toss in some parties with shamrocks, valentine hearts and all that jazz. (Any reason to eat cake, right?)

(Military Bowl in Maryland)

My cousin Taylor got engaged -- welcome Sushil!



I've done quite a bit of traveling this year...wowza.


One of those trips included spending two weeks in Georgia with this beauty for a spinal fusion. I have worked for their family for over a year now and was so glad I was able to join her and her mom. 
 I don't think I could articulate how difficult that trip was...but I'm so relieved that the surgery was successful and she is in a very different place than where she was last year.

I hit my quarter of a century birthday...

April - June
Coming off of Megan's surgery sent me almost immediately over to Ireland with her sister Emily. I think I might end up doing a separate post about my time there because it truly gave me a new perspective about life....and....I can't even describe the beauty. I felt like I needed bigger eyes just to REALLY see it all. 

April found me chasing adventures around Virginia and plugging away at school 
(also, still working the same jobs)

I think one of the best parts of the trip was the layover in Iceland ;)

Greystones, Ireland

Old Trinity Library in Dublin, Ireland

Dunamase Castle Ruins

Cliffs of Moher


Me pretending to be Merida...

Back in Cville to enjoy the summer! It was full of adventures, swimming, and baseball games.

July - September
Fourth of July with family at my grandparent's cabin, celebrating birthday's with friends in quaint little towns, hikes, beach adventures, and more traveling for me! 






I just slipped up to Massachusetts to visit my godkids and one of my best friends Jessie. I told Jessie I'm kind of reluctant to have kids now because hers are so cute...I might be disappointed. ;)
(totally kidding)

Might have also just happened to pop up at a Red Sox game. (Bucket list = check)


September -> ?

 Which brings us to this current month....and it's just beginning! As I type this, we are waiting on Hurricane Florence to decided where she's headed and I'm mentally prepping for another trip to PA with Megan and her mom for a medical related appointment. I've been joking that I think I'm allergic to staying in one state for too long.

I am also trying to make some decisions about the best way to finish up school. If you think about it, I could use some prayer in this particular area. I feel like God has been stirring up some desires in my heart, but I'm not quite able to discern the next step. I don't know if it is the beginning of a transition or what exactly He has in mind for me;  but, I do know that I have had so many thoughts rolling around in my head that I feel like I'm keeping someone's marble stash safe......Anyways.

All this to say...hello. I'm still here...still looking for joy in the simple things and still trying to figure out this thing called "life".  But, honestly, that's the beautiful thing about it all. God has given us this life as an adventure...and our journey very rarely looks like anyone else's. It just a matter of trusting, obeying, and walking after Him.

Besides...who doesn't like a good adventure? ;)

In Christ,

A verse I've been thinking on:
"I will listen to what God the Lord says; He promises peace to his people, his faithful servants--but let them not turn to folly. Surely His salvation is near to those who fear Him, that His glory may dwell in our land." (Ps. 85: 8-9)


No comments:

Post a Comment