Pages

Thursday, August 24, 2017

That Summer When I Disappeared.

In typical Dumaresq fashion, my calendar on my phone has been lit up in an impressive rainbow fashion. I've had back-to-back events for almost the entire summer. I say that as we head into Fall....which is typically my busiest season. I have a lot of crazy things I would love to share about this season of my life, but I think for now I'm just going to give you a bit of an update of what's been going on in my own little world. 

JUNE
June came on in full force. My pastor left for a month long Sabbatical, which left ME (the Administrative Assistant) running around like my hair was on fire. Just kidding (kind of). Everything went great, but it was definitely a season of maturation for me. I grew in my Administrative abilities, but also I grew a greater appreciation for all that my Pastor and his family do. This being said, PRAY for your pastors/families. Pray for guidance, strength, and the Holy Spirit to refresh them daily as they pour out continuously. I also scooped up some house-sitting jobs, baking jobs, Bible studies, and traveling down to my Grandmother's quite a bit to clean for her (she lives about 3 hours away). June also marked the 1-year anniversary of Grandaddy being in Heaven. 

(a cake commission from June)

(Rachel also visited us in June!)


JULY
July, too, seemed to fly by in a blur of summertime heat. Our pastor's continued Sabbatical, Youth events, Myrtle Beach, summer classes, worship team practices, friend adventures and more! 



(Volleyball has been a youth favorite as of late...I love these guys!)


AUGUST
Which leads us to this current month: ANGST. I mean August. This month has been a little...challenging. I have been....flat on my face more than I typically find myself. Honestly, I've been challenged by the Lord this summer to let Him heal a past wound that I had covered up DEEP inside my heart. I put it under the rug because it was really raw and I didn't know how to deal with it. But, in the most unlikely of people for me to share, I found someone to listen and...I've haven't picked up that weight in over a month now. On top of emotional challenges, I've also been struggling with fatigue again. For those of you who have followed me, I've had a lot of ups and downs in my physical health. Some weeks, I'm doing great! Other weeks, I work for a few hours and then am in the bed for the rest of the day. Earlier this summer, I was having intense pain which left me in tears every single night. ANYWAYS. Besides these things keeping my prayer life active, I've also had several blessings:

(Spudnut started dual enrollment at the local Community College)

+ A new (additional) job! At just the right time, in just the right way, in just the right family--He found it the right time to answer my (numerous) prayers for an additional part time job. I am currently working for a super dear family, helping run errands, small tasks around the house and hanging out with a very sweet young lady. Thank you all who have prayed for me in this area. It has been truly a joy to my heart and SUCH a testimony of how God prepares a place for us, even before we know it. 

+I am currently part of Katie Davis' launch team! Katie Davis, one of my favorite modern-day missionaries, recently finished writing her second book. "Daring to Hope" is about several events which challenged the Davis' family--and the faithfulness of God through trials and tragedies! I'm so excited to have been chosen (there was an application/process to go through) and you will be hearing more of it in the near future!


+ Lastly, I've been taking a few classes through a school called Toccoa Falls College. It's a teensy little Christian college in Toccoa Falls, Georgia. I already have my Associates Degree, but the Lord has opened the door for me to pursue my Bachelors and ALL my credits transferred! I have already been so blessed at the concrete, solid, Gospel-centered classes. I've felt my walk with the Lord growing and maturing in a way I've never imagined. (I also randomly found a friend taking the same class as me this week, which is the funniest, best surprise!)

(My dad's father came up from Florida--the first time we've all been together in a while!)
 *just missing Rachel*

------

Anyways, this kind of got a bit long winded. Sorry. But, I just wanted to give you a glimpse into my little world that seemed to be off the map for a while! Overall, this summer has been one of the hardest (emotionally) I've experienced thus far, BUT honestly...I've never seen the hand of God working so clearly to mature and nurture His children. He carries us--in seasons of prosperity and in seasons of poverty, in seasons of sickness and in wellness, in joy and in grief--in every season, He remains faithful. Just when we grow weary, He provides SUCH encouragement at just the right time!! I am able to walk into the next season (FALLLLL) with a heart of gratitude and eagerness to see what He will do next. 

Resting in His Arms, 
A verse I've been thinking about: 

Psalm 91:14-16
"Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation."
15 


No comments:

Post a Comment